Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Loving Spanish life

My first full day in Cadiz and I woke up to glorious sunshine and 20 degrees!  I set out to venture the little city and knew I wanted to head to the water first.  No matter what direction you head in Cadiz you'll hit the ocean on all 3 sides, both the Atlantic and the Mediterranean I believe.
The was a nice breeze blowing which was wonderful as I'm certainly not used to the warm weather at the moment.  Apparently it's also always windy in Cadiz since the whole city is built on a thin peninsula.  
It's was fairly straight forward to navigate, I headed straight until I hit the water and then walked around the entire "island" part of it on all 3 sides.
There were people of all ages out walking about.  There are beautifully manicured gardens and fountains everywhere along the way in little squares.  How nice it is to sit on a park bench and take in the sights with such beautiful scenery and weather.....and in January!  It defiantly made me think why anyone chooses to live in cold, rainy, dreary parts of the world when you can live in paradise all the time?
I was anxiously siting the email from my hopefully future employees so I thought walking would take my mind of it for awhile.  I went down to the beach and sat on a rock for awhile just to breathe in the fresh salt water air.  There was one other man playing with his dog but o,ther then that I was alone on the sand and it was so peaceful.  I thought about my travels thus far and everything I've learned.  I thought about how much I love Spain and that with some temperature adjusting I'm pretty sure I could make this my new home for awhile.
I was starting to get hungry as I hadn't found a place to eat breakfast along the way so opted to wait until I was ready for lunch food.  I grabbed a quick bite and headed back to the hostel. Hopefully by now, a good 4 hours later my news would be sitting in my email inbox.
I opened up my email and there it was,the letter that could possibly change the directions of my life this year entirely.
I read those words as fast as I could to get the answer and like that.....I'd been offered the job!  Excitement doesn't even come close to what I was feeling in that moment.  I was beyond excited!!!
After squealing about it for a few minutes I thought of a few other questions I had and replied to the email accepting the offer.
But now the hard part begins!  Will I be able to get a working visa for Spain!
Im told the process is almost completely unworth it if your not planning to stay for a long time.  Spain has a very high unemployment rate so even though they normally only accept Spanish employees they have now opened up the field to include all the EU.  So in order to get a. Ida the employer has to prove the job has been advertised locally and that I have special qualifications for the job.
So fingers crossed I can get all my documents in order, as it can also take months!
I arrive back in Canada n January 19th and they were wanting me back in Spain January 31st!  I'm not sure if that's still the case once I brought up the paper work dilemma.  So I was told to contact the Spanish embassy and figure out what I can get started on my end and go from there.
So.....wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment