Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Not ready to give up just yet

I've been stalling to write my last few "travel" blog entires and there isn't one bone in my body that wants to be done.
I'm looking forward to see my friends and family but after a week or so even that excitement will wear off and again I'll be wishing I were someplace else in the world.

Back to a few days ago....after saying goodbye to Abbey she dropped me off in Conil de la Frontera, a town about 20 mins or so from San Ambrosio where she lives.
I was told there wasn't much there this time of year as its a beachside town which quadruples in the summer time....perfect.
Nearing the end of this amazing trip I've taken time to slow down, enjoy my surroundings and really get a feel for the places I'm in.  Looking back I'm glad I did it the way I did, getting to see 11 countries and put my feet in 3 different new oceans in total however it was all pretty fast.  At least now I know the places I want to go back to and spend more time....mostly Ireland, Italy and Spain, my favorite 3!

Conil de la Frontera is a nice little town, painted entirely white matching the massively long stretches of white sand beaches being greeted by the great blue Atlantic Ocean.  The day I arrived it was about 22 degrees so of course after settling in it was time to hit the beach!  I found a great little hostel but was more like a small hotel, cost me 25€ a night but I had a private room with excellent wifi so I was in heaven.
I found a place to grab lunch, guessing at what I just ordered as none of it was in English so tried to pick the words I knew.
The restaurant was right on the bean and had a nice breeze coming in off the water.  After eating I wandered down to walk along the sand and couldn't help myself to take off my shoes, squish my toes into the sand and sit down to stay awhile.  There were a group of surfers exercising as a group before they hit the water, there were para surfers and the other para things with motors and people flying around attached to their seats.
It was glorious....and this is January in their lives!  I've said it before but why would anyone live in the cold, wet, rain when this is a possibility hmmmm.

I've been in a slightly deflated mood after I heard back from my potential employers that a work visa would be next to impossible to get therefore the offer would need to be cancelled :( I requested a little more time, at least until I'm back in Canada and can make some more phone calls.  Meanwhile I've been emailing every Spanish Consulate in Canada I can find and looking at every option to work in Spain.....wish me luck as I'm not quite ready to give up on the dream just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment