Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So I'll see you soon then

Day 2 in Conil the weather god weren't so friendly and I woke up to west coast rain!  I layer about in bed most of the morning after staying up way too late just because I could.
By the time I got showered and ready I figured it was time to go find something to eat.  Eating here has been a little sporadic as there are only about 3 restaurants I've found and some don open til 12 and then they close for a few hours mis day for siesta so I'd often be SOL and end up only eating one meal a day and grabbing a few snacks.
Even in the rain I figured it was worth it to go take a walk around after all this is the last beach of my trip.
The rain started getting a littler harder as a approached the beach but figured I'm from Port Alberni and I won't rust.  After just enough time to get a lot farther from the roads the skies opened up, turned black and the rain came down in sheets!  Within seconds I was soaked and knew my adventures outside for the day were over.  I was about a 15 minute walk from my hostel and all the local huddling inside looked at me like I was bonkers to be out in the wet stuff.
I arrived to my room dripping wet but smiling with how refreshing it all was.  Time to dry off, shower again and do what you do best on holidays.....relax!

I planned my route today to catch the bus to Cadiz and then the train back to Seville.  It all went according to plan and arriving in Seville I once again was greeted by the warm 22 degree sun mmmm.
Getting lazy in my last few days I opted to pay for only my third taxi of my entire trip and get a ride to my hostel since it was only about 8€ away but would take me close to half hour to walk with my bags.
The Feet up Samay hostel had the best atmosphere and immediatly I felt welcomed and love the rooftop terrace that looked over the city.
I stayed in a 4 bed female down with an ensuite and got aquatinted with my fellow bunk mates.
They even had laundry service so figured this was perfect timing to do my last attempt to be clean and smelling fresh for my travels.
With everything in order as it should be, directions ready for tomorrow I was off to sleep a little after midnight....good for me.

This morning I woke up ridiculously early for some reason so made myself lay in bed until at least 9 before wandering down for breakfast.  Retrieved my clean clothes and packed in all back in order into my backpack.
Checked out at 11 and walked to the airport bus.  I love when it's only 10 minutes away....10 mins with my bag feels like nothing now but once your over 20 it starts to feel the 42 or so pounds it is plus my other small bag on my front.
Checked in, got some snacks, attempted to use up the last of my Euro change as later today I land in London and will back to using pounds as their currency.
Oh Ryan air...how I both love and hate you.  Everyone flys with them because they offer such super cheap prices but it's pretty much a free for all.  After having my boarding pass and passport checked numouous times and waiting in line after line we were finally at the boarding gate.  The flight attendants proceed to drag the metal thing that measures your carry on bag down the line and made everyone put theirs in. There's always squabbles as they only allow one bag per person....that included laptops, purses ect....only ONE so they found a few people that had to pay more to check them.
Once that fiasco is over you run for the plane as theirs no assigned seating and to me I think it takes WAY longer to operate it this way.  Oh well....at least they are cheap to fly with!
I'm about an hour away from landing now and all caught up on my blog entires.
I have 2 nights, tonight and tomorrow night in London.  I've opted to stay way out by London Gatwick airport (about 40 mins by train from the city) because on Thursday I'll need to check in by 4:30 am or something gross.   I'm undecided if I'll be adventurous and head back into London city for the day or if I'll just explore the outskirts and the small towns.  As neat as London was to see I don't really feel compelled to do it again.  It was loud and busy and hectic mostly and after my southern Spain beach adventures I'm at the perfect point of travel bliss so I might just end on that note.
So I'll see you soon then!

No comments:

Post a Comment